Live Each Day Like It's Your Last

Take chances, Be Adventurous, Never Regret, Be Kind to Those You Meet, Don't Judge, Love Others, Be Passionate, Try Something New Each Day, Love Yourself, Enjoy Life!

Answer Tips

Monday, May 12, 2008

The halfway mark!

Well we have reached the halfway mark. Right now we are in Palermo. We have been here for the last 3 days. We no longer have a car to drive around but there are plenty of buses to take and a relative has been driving around and showing us around the city. Palermo is where my mother was born and lived until she was 5 years old before coming to Canada. She hasnt been back here since then. Its a pretty lively city and much bigger than any other city we have visited in Sicily. Let me tell you something about Sicilians....THEY WILL FEED YOU UNIL YOU FEEL LIKE YOURE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!! I have never hated food before....until now. I dont hate it because it doesnt taste good....because trust me this is the best food ive ever had! But for one meal they will serve you antipasti then a huge plate of pasta then meat and more carbs and bread and then fish and then ice cream and then fruit and then coffee and wine until your going to explode!!!! Siya is really loving it!!!! hahahaha. Its really nice here though. It has been really cool to meet family i never knew existed. I will write in more detail about the people, food, scenery and culture in the next week. Now I mustgo and eat lunch....wish me luck! Tomorrow we leave for Tunisia! Its a 10 hour boat ride to get there YAY!!! Hopefully I dont get sea sick!

No comments: